ある日の夜、ボクは不思議な夢を見た。
夢には一羽のスズメさんが登場した。
そのスズメさんは毎日、自宅にやってくるあのスッチー氏だった。
彼はこの辺りをテリトリーにしていて、スズメさんたちのリーダー的存在だ。
そのためか、彼は一羽でやってくることが多い。
彼は警備に余念がない。
そんな彼がなぜ夢に現れたのか?
ボクは夢の中のスッチー氏にその理由を聞いた。
すると、スッチー氏は突然、
「私と約束を取り交わしてみないかい?」
と、言ってきた。
ボクは、
「約束?」
と、一瞬、何のことなのかと考えた。
スッチー氏は、
「最近、いやずっと前から、キミは何となく、モヤモヤした日々を過ごしていないかい?」
と、ボクに尋ねてきた。
ボクはそう言われてみれば、何となくずっと心の中のモヤモヤが続いているような気がすると思った。
「確かに、そうかも」
と、ボクは答えた。
すると、スッチー氏は、
「私、いや私たちがキミのその長年のモヤモヤを解消してあげようか?」
と、言ってきた。
ボクは、
「え?!そんな事できるの?」
と聞いた。
すると、スッチー氏はゆっくりと丁寧に話し始めた。
「ただし条件が一つだけある」
「私たちの食べ物が乏しい時に、キミが食べ物を提供してくれることさ」
「これだけ約束してくれれば、私たちがキミの心のモヤモヤを解消し、さらには気分が良くなるようなサインを送ってあげよう」
「キミはすぐにはそれを実感できないかもしれないが、後々、振り返ってみた時、じんわりとした温かな幸せを感じることができるようになると思うよ」
「どうだい?!悪くない提案だろう?」
ボクは、
「本当にそんな未来を創っていけるのかな?」
と、半信半疑だった。
だが、スッチー氏の説得力のある話しっぷりに、
「そうかもしれない」
と、ボクは納得せずにはいられなかった。
何よりもスッチー氏の言葉がなぜか腑に落ち、ボクの心の中のモヤモヤが晴れていくような予感がしたからだ。
そこでボクはスッチー氏に、
「分かった。約束するよ」
と伝えて、彼の提案を受け入れた。
スッチー氏はとても嬉しそうな表情になり、大きな声で、
「チュン♪」
と鳴いた。
ボクはその鳴き声で目が覚めた。
窓からは朝日が差し込み、スズメさんたちの元気な鳴き声が聞こえてきた。
「今日は晴れそうだ」
「それにしても、夢にしてはあまりにもリアルすぎたな」
ボクはそう思いながら、起きて朝の支度を始めた。
(続く…かも)
One night, I had a strange dream.
A Eurasian tree sparrow appeared in my dream.
The Eurasian tree sparrow was Mr. Suchi, who visits my house every day.
He has claimed this area as his territory and is the leader of the Eurasian tree sparrows.
Perhaps because of this, he often comes alone.
He's always on guard.
Why did he appear in my dream?
I asked Mr.Suchi in my dream why.
Then, Mr.Suchi suddenly asked me,
"Would you like to make a promise with me?"
"A promise?"
I wondered for a moment what he meant.
Mr.Suchi asked me,
"Have you been feeling a vague sense of unease lately, or even for a long time?"
When he said that, I realized that somehow, I felt like I had been feeling a vague sense of unease in my heart for a long time.
"That may be true," I replied.
Mr.Suchi then asked me,
"Shall I, or rather, should we, help you resolve that long-standing feeling of unease?"
I asked,
"What?! You can do that?"
Mr.Suchi then began to speak slowly and carefully.
"But there's one condition."
"You have to provide us with food when we're short on food."
"If you promise me this much, we'll clear up the confusion in your heart and even send you signs that will make you feel better."
"You might not realize it right away, but when you look back on it later, I'm sure you'll feel a warm, lingering sense of happiness."
"What do you think?! Not a bad suggestion, right?"
I was skeptical, wondering, "Can I really create such a future?"
But Mr.Suchi's persuasive approach convinced me, and I couldn't help but think, "Maybe it's true."
More than anything, Mr.Suchi's words somehow made sense to me, and I had a premonition that the confusion in my heart was about to clear.
So I told Mr.Suchi,
"Okay. I promise," and accepted his proposal.
Mr. Suchi's expression became very happy, and he chirped loudly, "Chun♪."
I was woken up by his chirping.
The morning sun streamed in through the window, and I could hear the cheerful chirping of Eurasian tree sparrows.
"It looks like it's going to be a sunny day today."
"But even so, this was far too real to be a dream."
Thinking this, I got up and started getting ready for the morning.
(To be continued...maybe)
